This semester has been crazy busy and it has only been 4 weeks of school. I can't believe how fast time FLIES while I am in school, particularly this semester. This semester is my gerontology semester, so my clinical is in a nursing home and my classes are all focused around the care of older adults. Since I have been working as a CNA for the past two years a lot of it has been review so far. But next week we are starting injections and I am SO excited about that. As I mentioned, I started clinicals this semester and I am so excited to be able to do "real nursing things", as I like to call it. But I'll post more about my clinical experiences as I gain more throughout the semester.
Another cool aspect of school is for my Pathophysiology class. We are doing a lifestyle project and for mine I decided to go off sugar completely for a month. I am about a week in and it has been pretty great so far! It has been interesting and I am realizing how much will power I have. But we will see how the next 3 weeks go.
Anyways, onto more interesting things besides school, here are a few of the wonderful things that I have been up to lately.
One of the (many) extremely weird things that me and my friends do...
I'll let you interpret that how you want...
I also went sledding for the first time in a really long time a few weeks ago and it was so much fun!!
It was a blast! And I can't believe that I have been missing out on so much fun for that past few years!! It was exciting!
Here is me and my friend Audrey! All in all, it was fantastic (with the exception possibly compressing my spine, but all is well now!).
The main events (or should I say obsession??) has been BYU men's volleyball. My roommates and friends have been so nice to listen to me talking about men's volleyball constantly for the past month! Last week I went to the game, sat on the front row down on the floor!! (for both games last week actually), and got to participate in the half time serving competition (which has been my dream for forever!!).
This is where my spot to stand was... :) I was so close I felt like I was actually a part of the game!
And here is me and my friend Megan getting our game face ready for the serving competition. Yes, she is really tall, I didn't just shrink all of a sudden! (6'3" to be precise.)
To sum it all up... It's a good life.





Sad that your mom has to hear about the serving competition and sledding from your blog and not straight from my baby! tsk tsk
ReplyDelete